Newborn Passport Information For Children Born Through Surrogacy In The U.S.

To obtain a U.S. passport for your newborn child, you must:

Complete a Passport Application – this application to obtain a newborn passport can be completed online or downloaded and printed from this website here, or downloaded and printed from the United States Department of State’s website.

Expedited Passports – if your travel plans require an expedited passport, please notify our office immediately after the birth. We will be more than happy to help you obtain your child’s passport. We utilize the services of a passport expediting service called Passport & Visa Advisors, LLC. You should allow approximately 3-5 days for this process.

Applying in Person –  Alternatively, you may also be able to apply in person at a U.S. State Department Passport Office. If you have international travel in less than 2 weeks, you are eligible to schedule an appointment at a one of our regional passport agencies in the United States. In many cases, using this method, you may be able to obtain your passport in 1-2 days.



If you need an expedited newborn passport IFLG partners with Passport & Visa Advisors, LLC to enable our clients to secure expedited passports fast, quick and reliably. Click HERE for more information.