Media & Articles
For other current International Fertility Law Group news and articles, please visit our Blog HERE
Articles by Rich Vaughn
- Seedling Quarterly, Issue 10, August 2017, "First LGBT Love, Then Same-Sex Marriage…But Where’s the Best State to Fill the Baby Carriage? Navigating the Legal Maze for LGBT Intended Parents and Surrogacy," by Richard Vaughn, published by Society for Ethics in Egg Donation and Surrogacy (SEEDS)
- The State Bar of California Family Law News: Issue 1, 2017; Vol. 39, No. 1: "The Family Lawyer's Guide to Assisted Reproduction Law in 2016", by Richard Vaughn
- SciTech Lawyer, Vol. 1, No. 4, Summer 2016. "Ending Border Battles: ABA Resolution on International Surrogacy," by Richard B. Vaughn
- SciTech Lawyer, Vol. 1, No. 4, Summer 2016. "ABA Model Act Governing Assisted Reproductive Technology Agencies," by Richard B. Vaughn
- SciTech Lawyer, Vol. 1, No. 4, Summer 2016. “Wishes Granted: The Science Between HIV-Positive Dads and Their HIV-Negative Kids,” by Richard B. Vaughn, Ann A Kiessling, and John Weltman
- ABA Family Law Section, 2016 Fall CLE Conference, October 19-22, 2016, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. “I Get Delirious: How a sudden change in an ART client’s relationship can leave your mind spinning,” by Dean J. Hutchison, Esq., Circle Surrogacy, Ltd., and The Weltman Law Group, and Richard B. Vaughn, Esq., International Fertility Law Group Inc.
- Whittier Journal of Child and Family Advocacy, Vol. 15, No. 1, Spring 2016. "The Complexities of International ART: 10 Must-Knows About International ART Clients," by Richard B. Vaughn
- September 2011: American Journal of Fertility Law - Advising "Non-Traditional Families" in Multi-Jurisdictional Surrogacy Arrangements
- July 14, 2010: FertilityAuthority.com - NFLC Column, Considering Future Contact With Your Egg Donor
Articles & Media Featuring Rich Vaughn & International Fertility Law Group
- Above the Law, "That Awkward Moment When Your Twin Brother Is A U.S. Citizen At Birth, But You’re Not… And Your Parents Sue The U.S. Government Over It: Deporting an 18-month-old baby doesn't further America’s national security interests," by Ellen Trachman, January 13, 2018
- National Institutes of Health, "Trends and outcomes of gestational surrogacy in the United States," by KM Perkins, SL Boulet, DJ Jamieson and DM Kissin, National Assisted Reproductive Technology Surveillance System (NASS) Group, April 14, 2016
- "The Choices We Make," a novel by Karma Brown, Mira, 2016
- Interview, Law of Attraction TV, “The New Frontier in Fertility: Frozen Embryos,” with Stephanie Haney. http://www.thelawofattraction.tv/richard-vaughn.html
- Rich Vaughn Interview with Love Comes First: Creating LGBT Families, 2016: http://lovecomesfirst.com/culture/rich-vaughn-esq/
- Rich Vaughn Presentation, Path2Parenthood Webinar: https://www.dailydot.com/irl/post-election-lgbt-family/
- ABA Journal, June 2016. “Deep Freeze: Contentious battles between couples over preserved embryos raise legal and ethical dilemmas,” by Anna Stolley Persky.
- The Washington Post, July 5, 2016. “A 60-year-old’s Battle to Give Birth to Her Own Grandchild,” by Linda Bever
- Cited in “State differences in gestational surrogacy, United States, 2009-2013,” Kiran M Perkins, Sheree L Boulet, Aaron D Levine, Denise J Jamieson, Dmitry M Kissin
- The Huffington Post, June 5, 2015. “A Basic Guide to the Complicated World of Surrogacy," by Catherine Pearson
- Edge Media Network, Oct. 31, 2014. “A Guide to Starting Your Family Via Surrogate,” by Winnie McCroy
- March 2, 2013: London Times Magazine, Hollywood Gayby Boom: Rich-Vaughn-London-Times-March2013
- February 2013: Pink Parenting Magazine, Happy Families: PinkParentingArticleFeb2013
- August 16, 2010: National Public Radio - The Diane Rehm Show, Fertility's Legal Issues
- June 16, 2010: GlobalIVF.com - Online Video Interview - 3 Part Series, Surrogacy Issues for Non-U.S. Intended Parents
- May 5, 2010: Creating A Family.org - Online Radio Interview, Family Building Options for the LGBT Community
- August 2, 1998: CNN: "Gay Couples Use Surrogates to Help Grow Families"
- 2005- Parentage, Adoption, and Child Custody [PDF 165 KB]. This material is reproduced from California Domestic Partnerships copyright 2005, by the Regents of the University of California. Reproduced with permission of Continuing Education of the Bar - California. The book was the winner of the 2006 ACLEA Award for Professional Excellence in the Best Publication Category, and may be purchased from CEB at: California Domestic Partnerships. (For information about CEB publications in general, telephone toll free 1-800-CEB-3444 or visit CEB's website, CEB.com.