14 Nov Explain how an egg donation agreement is prepared.
Preparing and finalizing your egg donation agreement involves several steps. The following briefly describes the process from start to finish:
- We’ll first send you a written attorney services agreement to review. It will explain the services we will provide and the cost. Sign and date it, and send it back to our office with your payment.
- Once we have your signed attorney services agreement, we’ll start work.
- We’ll prepare the first draft of your egg donation agreement and send you a copy for review. Read it carefully, and call or email us with your questions, comments or suggested revisions. You should plan to review the agreement and contact us within two days after you receive it, to keep the process moving forward without delays.
- The egg donor will receive your approved draft for review with an attorney. If the egg donor requests any changes, we’ll review them and send you a redlined version, showing the requested changes. We will advise you accordingly, negotiate any needed revisions, finalize the agreement and send it out for signature with signing instructions.
- Once we receive signatures from all parties, we will issue a “legal clearance” letter to inform your IVF Physician that you are legally cleared to proceed with your cycle.
If you will be using a surrogate as well as an egg donor, please see our Surrogacy Agreement FAQs tab above for a step-by-step explanation of how surrogacy agreements are prepared.